Pigs are not prey animals, so if you’re used to skittish horses, this ain’t that.
- Park trailer in pasture. Leave truck attached.
- Open trailer doors, put down feed at far end from door.
They may or may not be hesitant but the smell of feed quickly wins out.
- Next feeding, shut the door for a moment so they get used to the darker trailer.
- Next feeding, keep doors closed while you add feed, then open doors and let them charge in. Close and lock doors for a few seconds just to prove to yourself it can be done.
- Next feeding, load and lock. Done.
The pigs don’t seem to notice until the food is gone that they can’t get out.
Here’s a video of Step 2.